Many thanks to Seikaiha for the nomination of the Liebster Award. What a honor 🙂 To check out beautiful photos and thoughtful posts, be sure to check her out!
To be honest, new to the blogging world, I wasn’t sure what the Liebster award was. After a quick Google search, I realized it was just another way to make connections and “pay it forward” in the blogging world. It always nice to get recognition for your work, and I think this award is just that. It’s a way to say, “I like your stuff!” ♥
The “rules” of the the Liebster Award:
- thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- display the award on your blog — let it be known 😉
- answer the questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
- create a new list of questions for the newly awarded bloggers to answer.
- list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here,via: WordingWell)
- inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Well. For my readers, and for Seikaiha, here are the answers to her question’s:
1 Give just a small introduction of your blog or yourself.
I am an ESL teacher, and really have a passion for connecting others with their language. I am so excited to see my students succeed, love hearing their success stories, and thrive on motivating them to want to learn (which is not always easy). I am trying to manage my new blog, teach full-time in a classroom, facilitate Skype ESL lessons, and of course still find the time for my wonderful and extremely supportive husband. I love YELLOW, traveling, and my sweet baby girl (kitten) LuLu Bear. This blog, within its first month-6weeks or so, it still a work in progress, and I hope to add so many more outlets for learning, connecting, and inspiring.
2 Show us something you like around you or outside your place. Maybe you already know I like flower photos. But it’s your choice.
To see everything I’ve loved enough to post, and share with the world– see my Instagram
3 Tell us something about your favorite book(s) or authors. And I’d be very pleased if you talk about your favorite fantasy if you have that taste.
I know it’s a cheap answer, but I really wish I had more time to read. I feel there are not enough hours in the day to do everything I would like to do, should do, and need to do. However, I love memoirs, and any book based on true events. I have a psychology degree, so anything related to mind, human behavior, and/or personalities really captivates me as well. Currently, I’m “reading” an autobiography from Timothy Leary, “Flashbacks.” I say “reading,” because it’s been going on a loooong time.
4 I also like creative people. Show us how you are creative!
My creativity hopefully shines throughout the blog, my answers, and my upcoming questions for my nominees. 🙂
5 Just be yourself.
ALWAYS. If you’re not happy with yourself, how can you expect others to be? ~~~ Thanks again Seikaiha!
11 random facts about me:
- I’m American, married to a Brazilian, and we met in Australia. ♥
- I simply love kitty cats. My hubs says I may have that mysterious cat gene in my brain 😉
- I fell into teaching, and am SO happy that my dad agreed to my crazy (pretty spur of the moment) idea to study abroad, which ignited my passion of traveling.
- I learned Portuguese more or less in 8 months, through the mistakes of my students, some lessons, and a very patient family (shout out to my mother-in-law!)
- I love, and have loved shellfish for as long as I can remember. Recently discovered an allergy to lobster and crab, but still eat shrimp like there’s no tomorrow.
- I am a bit of a control freak, and slightly (overly) detail oriented. May be a Virgo thing?
- I am a virgo
- I randomly started feeling pain in my right foot about 7 years ago. 4 countries, over 20 doctors, and every therapy under the sun… I am having surgery within a couple months to hopefully fix it.
- I really want to shark dive, and hope to do it someday soon.
- I strongly dislike the ends of bananas, and never eat them.
- One of my favorite smells is fresh laundry/linen.
I am actually not very sure how to check on the followers for each of the following bloggers, so I am simply choosing those who have affected me in some way! I’ve also limited the selection to other educators ♥ And the nominees are……
Reader for a New World: As a fellow teacher, I want to extend this award to someone who is making a difference, has made a difference, and will continue to make a difference. 🙂
Katherine’s Teaching and Learning Space: Kath has reblogged and shared some of my info, and I want to connect others to the incredibly valuable information she has. Again, another teacher inspiring others….inspires me
The Creative Teacher Project: Teacher? Creative? Enough said! 🙂
So, You Think You Can Teach ESL?: what a wonderful resource for teachers and educators. Our teaching philosophies are similar, and thinks he deserves some recognition for sure!
The Best English Coach: Wonderful information, another educator, and shares such wonderful information. A must see.
My questions for you…if you feel like participating…
- What inspired you begin teaching, and how did your “road” lead you to where you are today?
- Describe yourself in 3 adjectives.
- What language do you want to learn, why, and how likely are you to pursue this?
- If money were not issue, what would you be doing? Where would you be living? How would you spend your time?
- What is your absolute favorite word/phrase in English?
Thank you nominees for reaching out to me in some way, and doing what you do. I hope this award gives you the recognition that I hope to express….
Happy blogging, inspiring, and connecting ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥